Monday, October 5, 2009

This is what Glasgow looks like.

Saturday night, my flatmate and I went into town to the movies. We saw Surrogates, the "Bruce Willis really hates remote-operated drones" one, and it was alright. But that's not the point. The point is what I saw.




These two shots are a bit hazy and blurry because they were taken behind glass from my phone on the fifth of the movie theater. The Cineworld theater is tall. Very, very tall. We rode escalators for nearly five minutes just to get to the correct floor for our movie. It's also quite an astounding view out over the east side of Glasgow. A pity I can't point anything out to you. Perhaps when I go during the day, I'll be able to orient some of the landmarks.



This is precisely what it looks like: a dog and her copy of Flashdance on DVD. I don't know what more needs to be said, other than she wasn't treating it like a chew toy. No, she was calmly strolling down the road, owners in tow, proud of her new purchase. Good on you, dog.



Finally, this struck me for how very much like a Demotivator from Despair.com the entire scene was.

That and getting friendly with my neighborhood pub made up my Saturday night. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment